We're all pilgrims on the same journey-but some pilgrims have better road maps.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down.
Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.
General Colin Powell
Experts often possess more data than judgment. You don't know what you can get away with until you try.
General Colin Powell's Rules:
It ain't as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
Get mad, then get over it.
Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
It can be done!
Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
Don't let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
You can't make someone else's choices. You shouldn't let someone else make yours.
Check small things.
Remain calm. Be kind.
Have a vision. Be demanding.
Don't take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
Hearty laughter is a good way to jog internally without having to go outdoors.
*Sow an act and you reap a habit.
*Sow a habit and reap a character.
*Sow a character and reap a destiny.
*We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.
*Habits are at first cobwebs...then steel cables.
Stephen C Paul
You don't get to control any outcome, only every choice you make along the way.
You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens...and members of the household of God.
* When you don't care who gets the credit, there's no limit to how high you can climb.
* Failure is a dress rehearsal for success.
SABBATH - Stop And Begin Blessing All That Happens
TEAMS - Together Everyone Achieves More Success
FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real
Pamela Vaull Starr
Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
Though I might travel afar, I will meet only what I carry with me, for every man is a mirror. We see only ourselves reflected in those around us. Their attitudes and actions are only a reflection of our own. The whole world and its condition has its counter parts within us all. Turn the gaze inward. Correct yourself and your world will change.
Louise L. Hay
Love is the great miracle cure. Loving
ourselves works miracles in our lives.
Count your blessings, not your crosses.
Count your gains, not your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes.
Count our friends instead of your foes.
Count your health, not your wealth.
* No one can predict what heights you can soar. Even you will not know until you spread your wings.
* Do not fear the winds of adversity.
* Remember: A kite rises against the wind rather than with it.
* In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.
Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be-because sooner or later, if you're posing, you will forget the pose and then where are you?
The higher one climbs on the spiritual ladder, the more they will grant others their own
Freedom, and give less interference to another's state of consciousness
Zen Buddhist Text
The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he's always doing both.
H-umor E-go, edging God out L-istening P-urpose
Reality is what we take to be true. What we take to be true is what we believe. What we believe is based upon our perceptions. What we perceive depends upon what we look for. What we look for depends upon what we think. What we think depends upon what we perceive. What we perceive determines what we believe. What we believe determines what we take to be true. what we take to be true is our reality.
* A kind word will keep someone warm for years.
* Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them.
* One who does nothing but wait for his ship to come has already missed the boat.
One of the most valuable things we can do to heal one another is listen to each other's stories.
The Law of Attraction attracts to you everything you need, according to the nature of your thought life. Your environment and financial condition are the perfect reflection of your habitual thinking. Thought rules the world.
I am HABIT!
* I am your constant companion.
* I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden.
* I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
* I am completely at your command.
* Half the things you do, you might just as well turn over to me, and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.
* I am easily managed; you must merely be firm with me.
WIIFM - What's In It For Me?
WOMBAT - Waste Of Money, Brains And Time
WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get
YAHOO - You Always Have Other Options
- The Magic of Believing
The person with a fixed goal, a clear picture of his desire, or an ideal always before him, causes it, through repetition, to be buried deeply in his subconscious mind and is thus enabled, thanks to its generative and sustaining power, to realize his goal in a minimum of time and with a minimum of physical effort. Just pursue the thought unceasingly. Step by step you will achieve realization, for all your faculties and powers become directed to that end.
* Show me exactly how you want something done, and after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
* I am the servant of all great men and, alas, of all failures as well.
* Those who are great, I have made great.
* Those who are failures, I have made failures.
* I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine, plus the intelligence of a man.
* You may run me for profit, or run me for ruin; It makes no difference to me.
* Take me, train me, be firm with me And I will put the world at your feet.
* Be easy with me, and I will destroy you.
* Who am I?
You can have anything you want-if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, have anything you desire, accomplish anything you set out to accomplish - if you will hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.